- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 lb of peeled shallots
- 20 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 thyme springs
- 1 lb of baby mushrooms
- 1/2 lb of white mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 cup of chicken/vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large pan heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic and thyme. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Stirring occasionally until shallots begin to soften.
- Raise heat to medium high and add mushrooms. Cook tossing occasionally for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and pinch of sweet paprika.
- Add brith and bring to a high simmer for about 10 minutes until liquid almost disappears, but not quite.
- Stir in fresh parsley and remove from heat
- Serve and enjoy!